Retired Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, has been appointed as Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Nigeria Police Trust Fund. This was approved by president Muhammad Buhari in accordance to the Nigeria Police Trust Fund Establishment Act 2019.
The President also approved the appointments of the following as Executive Secretary and members of the Board respectively:
1. Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto – Executive Secretary
2. Mr Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri – Representing Ministry of Police Affairs
3. Inspector-General of Police – Representing Nigeria Police Force
4. Usman Bilkisu – Representing Ministry of Justice
5. Mr Ben Akabueze (DG, Budget and National Planning) – Representing Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning
6. Engr. Mansur Ahmed – Representing Organised Labour
7. Dr. Michael Bamidele Adebiyi – Representing Civil Society Group.
A statement issued by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media, said :
“This objective informed President Buhari’s re-establishment of the Ministry of Police Affairs on August 20, 2019.
“The President also commended state governors, members of the National Assembly and Nigerians for their patriotic and spirited efforts at reforming Policing Architecture to deepen the country’s internal security.
”The Minister of Police Affairs, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi will announce the inauguration date of the Board of Trustees of the Police Trust Fund,” the statement said.